Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Visiting Pearl Harbor

On our first full day in Hawaii we went to Pearl Harbor. As cliche as it sounds, it was an experience we will never forget. Back in 1999 when our High School group of friends went to Honolulu I chose not to visit this site and I had regretted that decision. I was not going to miss it this time.
This was particularly amazing to me... as the boat pulled out to the sunken USS Arizona I was shocked by the oil in the water. At first, I thought that I was seeing a glare off my sun glasses, but in fact, there is still oil seeping into the water from the old battle ship!
It was an emotional day... and to top it off... when we left the memorial we had a mini crisis of our own! Daddy thought he would get the air conditioning started as Mommy put Charlotte in the car... unfortunately as I shut Charlotte's door (in what seemed like slow motion) I screamed and lunged to stop Matt from shutting the back door of the Jeep... but I missed him. Charlotte was then locked in a running car. Ironically, Guy did the same thing to Matt when he was only about 9- 10 months old as well! Thank goodness for AAA! They had her out within 5 minutes of making the phone call. Whew, mommy almost had a heart attack!

No comments: