Monday, April 7, 2008

Remembering Your First Daffodil Parade

75th Year: Remembering Your First Daffodil Parade

This is this years' theme for the Daffodil Festival. What a special year it is for the festival and a special year for me! I look back fondly at my year as a Daffodil Princess in 1999. I remember many small and obvious details from that parade day in 1999… It was so sunny and warm that we had to wear sun block! I sat on the front left corner of the queens float through the Tacoma Parade. And I also remember drawing #1 choice for the upcoming parades in which I passed on Seafair because of the hysteric tears of many of the other Princesses who absolutely HAD to be in that parade! But all of my happy memories, from cramming 19 of us into the new Volkswagen beetle to the Starlight parade in Portland, have become small compared to the joy I encountered the day of the 2007 Daffodil Parade. On Saturday, April 21, 2007 I gave birth to my daughter Charlotte May at St. Josephs Medical Center just blocks above the parade route! So I plan on attending this years 75th year Festival Anniversary with Charlotte and cherishing the past, present and the future. Who knows, maybe I have a princess in the making on my hands… it seems destined doesn’t it? ~Nadine (Coury) Kohler Stadium High School 1999

The Grand Floral Parade is this weekend... Saturday, April 12th. Click here for more info: http://www.daffodilfestival.net/

1 comment:

Sara Moriarty said...

Wow Nadine~ Charlotte has gotten so big. It doesn't seem like it was too long ago that I met her at Erin's shower. How time flies. I see that Charlotte's 1st b-day is coming up- I hope that you guys have a special day. Check out my blog if you get a chance. Hope that you are well.

Sara Moriarty