Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tough Times

Sometimes blogs can be deceiving... looking back on my recent posts I see how I tend to use it as a way to see the positive things in life! To reflect on what brings joy and laughter! I think this is a good thing, but it certainly does not reflect my everyday life. I have been going through a difficult health period again, and although I try to just work through it without complaining too much, I felt it was necessary to post about it. That way down the road when we look back, we can be proud of getting through tough times as well as enjoying the fun times. About 3-4 months after Charlotte was born I began to develop a problem with my remicaid infusions (for the crohns and anklosing spondylitis). I developed severe sinus infections and frequent low grade fevers. I dealt with this side-effect for over 6 months, until I just couldn't do it anymore. The doc administering the drug finally decided he would not give it to me anymore due to the problems. So, it has now been about 3 months since my last infusion. My health has been crazy... maybe because my body is trying to re-balance out? One day I feel ok, and the next I feel terrible. I think I may be close to killing this sinus infection... I haven't had the frequent fevers anymore. So that is good! But I have begun experiencing many of the autoimmune symptoms that I was able to live without while taking remicaid for over 2 and a half years. My doctors keep telling me to "keep the stress levels down". HA! You try on my shoes and say that again! So We keep praying that somehow, someway I will get to feeling good and stay that way! We hope to find a way for me to stay home with Charlotte which would decrease my stress levels. I currently have a good job right now.. one that I actually enjoy! But I really just want to feel good, be healthy, and be able to fully take care of my family and our home. And although I know that life as a mommy and a wife can sometimes be trying, for some of us we just have that yearning to do it.

4 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

Nades, Hang in there and I will be praying for your health too! It is difficult to balance being a wife, a mother and working... but you are doing amazing! xoxo

Rory and Jen said...

I will being praying for you too! I hope you are getting some good rest on your weekends...I know that will be tough! Love ya!
Jen

Rory and Jen said...

Hey Nades,
I read your blog and wanted to let you know that Jen and I are praying for you. But then I saw Jen had already posted that. We love you guys. Hope we can see each other sometime soon.
Rory

Sara Moriarty said...

Wow~ that was powerful and gave me goosebumps. I am inspired that you were brave enough to post so honestly. It is a privilege that you would share your fears and dreams for your future, with everyone. I pray for you and think about you daily. And thank you for sharing this part of you! You really are amazing.