Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

The Holidays are here!  We kicked off Thanksgiving day with the Macy's Parade!  Charlotte loved it!  After a while I got started cooking in the kitchen, and Charlotte would run in to tell me what was going on in the parade... "Momma!!!  It's Chari BOWN (Charlie Brown)!!" ... or.. "MOMMA!!  It's Mickey, It's Mickey!  YEAH!"  Sooo cute!
For dinner, we had a pretty quiet evening at our home with Charlotte's Auntie Lindsay, her boyfriend Andy, Uncle Sean, Grandpa Coury and six dogs... ok maybe "quiet" wasn't the right word.  My dad (Grandpa Coury) brought his two dogs and 3 puppies (from a recent litter) over to play.
 I was feeling quite maternal this week, which was good, because I did almost all the cooking myself!  Everything turned out great... including the turkey which I brined over night! 
Yeah, Thanksgiving Dinner is almost ready!




I perfected my mash potatoes last week, and they were a hit at Thanksgiving dinner!  Yum!

1 comment:

Erin Leigh said...

looks wonderful! glad you had a good holiday!