Thursday, December 23, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

The holiday season is such a busy time at work, and with family gatherings that often by the time Christmas arrives I am super sick and worn out. This year, I was really trying to avoid being sick at Christmas. Unfortunately, the most wretched strain of stomach flu hit the school about the second week of December... Charlotte was the first in our family to get it and threw up all over our bed at 3am on the 14th. Then as I was mid set-up for the 2nd out of 3 waves of guests at the school Christmas Program (over 1000 people attended that night)I started throwing up in the church kitchen- fun! A few days later, as hard as he fought it... daddy succumbed to the flu as well- with baby Mallorie the same day! YUCK! What a way to launch into our Christmas break! Eventually we all recovered and Charlotte and I got to have a baking day right before Christmas!

No comments: