Sunday, February 15, 2009

A broken heart for Valentines Day

At about 9 weeks along, Matt and I were finally sharing the news with friends, family, and co-workers whom had not already heard the news… we were expecting a new baby! The due date was September, and it didn’t take long for us to start dreaming up names and visions of Charlotte with her new little brother or sister. But… (and here comes the sad part) it wasn’t in Gods plan for us to have this baby. On Thursday evening, I called Matt terrified to hurry home- he had been out of town, but was on his way back. In my heart I knew I was losing the baby, but I prayed and hoped that it would stop and that the baby would be ok. Matt took me to the hospital and we were there for a horrific 8.5 hours, and then had to return to the doctors for another 2 hours the next day. We did indeed lose the baby and our hearts were crushed. I cried and cried for so long that my eyes burned for days. And every time I fell asleep or was distracted over the weekend… it only took moments for my mind to recount the entire episode all over again and feel that ache in my heart for our lost baby. It is not easy for us to talk about, so if we didn’t call, its not that we didn’t want to… we just couldn’t. This is a very personal event to share online, but this is our family blog… our story… our lives. I know through experience, that tough times are often a way for God to provide something wonderful in our lives. We appreciate all of the prayers and support!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Nadine and Matt- I'm so sorry about your baby. I can only imagine how heart wrenching that must be. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
~Heather & Dale

Erin Leigh said...

I'm still saying lots of prayers... despite the circumstances it was still good to see you last friday. xo

Dziadzia said...

Nadine, Matt and Charlotte,
I know how much that can stink and feel for you all. That is something I would never wish on any one, being we have gone though it. It sucks and that is all I want to say. I am praying for you all. Hang in there and a jillion hugs to all.

Cara Grube :) said...

Nadine, I found your blog thru Erin's and after reading this post I had to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I miscarried about 8 months ago, also about 9 weeks along (we were having triplets :( ). My heart is broken for you. I will pray to God to heal your heart, and for your family to find strength in Him. Cry when you need to, and laugh when you feel like it...both will help :)

Take care :)

Sara Moriarty said...

Oh Nadine. I am so sorry for you and Matt. I am sending you love and prayers.

tiffany jeanne said...

Nadine, I just ventured over here to see what was new (and to see some new pics of that gorgeous girl of yours!)...Erin had told me you and Matt were expecting and I'm so very sorry for your loss. I pray that you find peace and healing soon. We're all thinking about you...

Rory and Jen said...

We love you. We are so sorry, and we are thinking and praying for you often.