Friday, December 12, 2008

5 Years Ago

5 years ago today- Friday, December 12th, 2003- was the day Matt and I started dating! Finals were over, and all of our friends were going to "Poppy's" Martini Bar for drinks and fun to celebrate. Indeed, we had fun! Matt and I shared most of the same friends- and of course we were good friends at that time. But I distinctively remember at one point in the evening, I ended up sitting next to Matt as a large group of us huddled into a round corner table booth. By this point I was sleepy (hey it had been a long week- but yes, I had probably had one too many martinis by this point) and I vividly remembering leaning on Matt ever so slightly and he put his arm around me. In that moment, I can't really explain with words what happened... but I remember my inner dialogue: "Matt's arm around me feels very comforting"... "Hmmm... This feels like more than just friends"... (and the cheesiest) "I could sit here with his arm around me all night"!

1 comment:

tiffany jeanne said...

What a cute story! Kory and I joke all the time about the oh-so-cheesy 'chorus of angels' we heard when we first saw each other! It was good to see you at the Rigg's party the other night and, my goodness, you have one beautiful little girl!