Sunday, December 28, 2008

8 Christmases

Matt and I have wanted to see the movie “Four Christmases” because it seemed fitting for our lives! But like we could fit it into our schedules!!!! And although we have not seen the movie… I think that if we only had four celebrations we would be thankful! Due to the weather, we actually missed a few this year, but our annual Christmas celebrations include … • Christmas with Matt’s Dad (in Vancouver) • Christmas with the Kohler family (once in Eugene- now in Vancouver) • Christmas with Donahues (Matt’s Mom’s family- also in Vancouver) • Christmas with the Courys (Nadine’s Dad’s family) • Christmas Eve with Nadine’s Mom, Brad, Julee’s parents, our siblings & Church • Christmas Day (we have our own morning celebration) • Christmas Day with Nadine’s Dad, Matt’s mom, our siblings, and this year joined by Julie’s friend Roger, & Nadine’s Grandparents. (our house) • Christmas with the Kelseys (Nadine’s Mom’s family) So don’t get me wrong… I love Christmas! But does this seem crazy to anyone else??? I have a deep love for traditions, and enjoying our families, but I really feel that in the midst of celebrating 8 times, we forget what we are celebrating! I want to make sure that Charlotte grows up knowing that Christmas is not about stuff- not that she won’t enjoy her piano, kitchen, trike, art easel, books, and dvds, but down the road I want her to learn to be a “giver”! We celebrate because of Jesus, because God gave that gift to us, and Jesus gave his life for us! Somehow, someway, some year- I hope we find a good way to balance all of this out! We hope you all had a Merry Christmas and we wish you a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Mrs. Camandona said...

I don't even have divorced parents and we had 5 Christmases. Sheesh!