Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cookies are a Must!

So, the plan was... Monday, December 22nd was going to be cookie and bread baking day with my mom. I was really looking forward to getting this tradition started for Charlotte- a Christmas baking day with her mom and grandma- how fun! But come Monday and it began to look as if there would be no cookies for Christmas! Charlotte was running a fever of 101.2 and my nausea from the car trip had turned in to a full blown crohns attack. I was so dehydrated by the time my mother got to our house that I couldn't see straight. Luckily I called up Dr. Pete (my old infusion doc- when I was on Remicaid) and he let me come down and get IV fluids. What a deal! I was so thankful to both Dr. Pete and Nurse Debbie- they had no more patients for the day but stayed to give me fluids! Then Pete sent me home with a huge bag of meds! What a blessing (especially the part where we got to skip the ER)and for my mom taking me! By the next day I felt well enough to bake 2 dozen sugar cookies, 2 loaves of Pumpkin bread, and 2 dozen jelly thumbprint cookies! Whew! That was a close one.... you just can't have Christmas without cookies!

No comments: