Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Until we meet again...

Working at a private school, all holidays are celebrated... even the small ones like St. Patricks Day! Today, like the other special days, teachers were running copies of holiday themed pictures, poems, and projects. For some reason our 1st grade teacher decided to make me a copy of her favorite Irish blessing that she was making for her students. The moment she handed it to me, I teared up just slightly. It was my Grandmother's (Mary Lou Coury) favorite and it was used at her funeral 12 years ago. I know that was a long time ago... but she was obviously a special lady to me! I was her only granddaughter! Grandma I miss you, and if you thought I was a special girl... just take a look from heaven at my little Charlotte!!!
Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

2 comments:

Sara Moriarty said...

This blessing also has a special place in my heart. My grandfather wrote it on a fabric block that my mom made me when I graduated high school. I love it.

God works in the most amazing, compassionate, and magical ways. When these "random" things happen I remember that everything happens for a reason.

Rory and Jen said...

This blessing is special to me too. It was sang at our wedding.
It's good to remember the ones we love! It is strange how things can just touch you, seemingly out of no where.